BlueSpa Dental respects the privacy of individuals and is committed to providing the highest levels of service. This also includes protecting the privacy of individuals. From the 12th March 2014, we will be bound by new sections of The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Protection) Act 2012 (Privacy Amendment Act), which has resulted in significant amendments to the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). At BlueSpa Dental we are committed to complying with the obligations of the Australian Privacy Principles (APP). This document set out when and how BlueSpa Dental will collect, hold, use and disclose an individual’s personal information, as well as how an individual may contact BlueSpa Dental in relation to their personal information, or in order to make complaint about a breach of privacy. The following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Your Personal Information
BlueSpa Dental will generally only collect personal information that is necessary for providing our services to You. We will only collect information that is necessary for the purposes for which it will be used. The amount and type of personal information We collect from You and hold about You will vary depending on whether You are an existing patient or customer of a BlueSpa Dental, have made enquiries about Our products and services and also the extent to which You have used Our products and services. If You apply to be, are currently or have in the past been a patient or customer of BlueSpa Dental, the personal, or individually identifiable information that We hold about You may include:
- name, address, telephone and email contact details;
- personal details such as age and gender;
- details of previous dentists you’ve been a patient of;
- your Medicare number
- financial information (for example, credit card numbers to assist in the administration of payments for dental services).
- details of purchases made and professional services used, including the date;
- and sensitive information including:
- medical history;
- family medical history;
- current health and dental assessment; and
- health insurance details.
How we collect Personal Information
BlueSpa Dental collects Personal Information in several ways, including: –
- Directly from individuals, when they provide information by phone, email, or in documents such as an application form;
- From contact forms on Our website;
- From a BlueSpa Dental dentist providing dental services to you;
- When you subscribe to newsletters or other direct marketing materials; or
- when You use professional services or purchase goods from Us.
BlueSpa Dental may also collect information from third parties if You have provided them with consent under their own privacy policies:
- we may collect information from third parties such as your health insurance provider or Medicare; or
- we may collect information from dentists, dental specialists or other health practitioners (for example if you were referred to us by another dentist).
If You have provided Us with information about another person, then You need to tell that other person that You have done so, that they have a right to access their information and that they can refer to this document for information on how We will handle their personal information.
If You do not provide Us with Your personal information, We may be unable to provide You with the products or services that You are requesting.
How we use personal information
Personal information may be used in order to:-
- to provide dental and related services to You;
- to maintain and administer Your patient file(s) at a BlueSpa Dental clinic;
- to contact You in relation to any matter relating to You or the dental services or products provided to You;
- to answer Your enquiries and deliver customer services to You;
- to carry out internal functions such as administration, accounting, quality assurance and information technology;
- to resolve complaints;
- to monitor price and evaluate products and services;
- to conduct marketing surveys, research and statistical analysis
- to fulfil marketing promotions;
- to administer Your invoicing for dental services, credit card payments, or to collect unpaid invoices;
- to process Your health insurance claims;
- to follow You up regarding further dental examinations or treatments required;
- to send information to You about Us;
- to comply with any laws or regulations.
If You submit online forms or send emails to Us containing personal information, We will use that information to respond to Your message or to contact You. The main purpose of collecting and using personal information submitted through Our web site is to respond to a BlueSpa Dental patient and customer enquiries or feedback from this site.
We will also use personal information to keep individuals informed of our services. However, should an individual not wish us to contact them regarding our services, they should call BlueSpa Dental on 03 8657 9417.
BlueSpa Dental is concerned with the security of personal information and is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorised access and use.
Like any other website, BlueSpa Dental uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
BlueSpa Dental does not sell, trade or transfer personal information to third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
BlueSpa Dental takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information that an individual provides. That is why we recommend that individuals:
- Let us know if there are any errors in their personal information; and
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as contact details.
To assist us in ensuring the accuracy of the personal information we hold, we ask our patients and customers to confirm/update this information every 12 months.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. BlueSpa Dental may charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs for searching for and providing access to your information.
Who will see or have access to personal information
Only the Staff and Directors of BlueSpa Dental will have access to an individual’s personal information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact BlueSpa Dental on 03 8657 9417 between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.